Thai Yoga Massage Training Methodology
The massage courses at the School of Thai Massage have been designed from a background of extensive training experience of our faculty. Our methodology is built on six essential parameters of :
- Body Mechanics: At the School of Thai Massage we will teach you the right application of strokes and body posture so that you use minimal effort and can deliver a two hour massage with ease. Ergonomics is critical for a safe and long career as a therapist.
- Rhythm & Breath: Breath and flow creates in a practitioner, the right rhythm for healing. The ideal rhythm make the Thai Massage experience a meditation for both the receiver and themselves.
- Emphasis on Anatomy: Knowing the bodies anatomical structure elevates a practitioners ability to work with treatment. A therapist must have a sense of locating the lines of energy(Sen) and pressure points. With our research into Trigger point therapy and anatomy trains your work in Thai Yoga Massage is truly therapeutic.
- Memorization Techniques: Memorization enables you to focus on improving your technique and moving your practice into a intuitive state rather than spending time remembering the next sequence. It also ensures that you get more practice time so you can graduate to a state of play and improvisation in your practice.
- Hands on Instruction: As our class size is limited to six students per instructor, each student gets one-on-one time with the instructor to experience what each sequence feels like and then deliver it on the instructor to understand the location of points, lines and pressure.
- Refreshing your skills: To assist with post course internalization School of Thai Massage provides video support of almost 90% of it's course material to its students on the web across the world. Also School of Thai Massage is one of the few schools in the world that lets you retake a course free of charge (excluding boarding and lodging) anywhere we are teaching in the world.